The Purpose of this Blog

I've been readings thousands of blogs and sites about Russian cuisine looking for accurate recipes, and the more I read, the more frustrated I became. Thus, I decided to create my own blog for Americans who want to cook Russian dishes and help them enjoy Russian cuisine by providing accurate recipes. I use US measuring cups and measuring spoons. Moreover, I cook every dish I suggest following my recipe instructions to ensure that the amount of each ingredient is accurate and instructions are not only accurate but easy to follow. It's catered to Americans who understand that if I say 1 tbsp, they're supposed to use a measuring tablespoon, not a regular silverware

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Beef and Potatoes Russian Style Baked in Clay Fire-Proof Pots






Beef & Potatoes Baked in Clay Pots Russian Style
Ingredients:
Beef Loin Top Sirloin Steak, boneless – 2 lbs
Onion – 1 sweet (large)
Butter – 2 tbsp
Potato – 4 medium baked potatoes
Water – 1 + 1/2 cup
Salt – 3 tsp
Sour Cream – 16 tbsp
Shredded cheddar cheese – 4 tbsp
You’ll also need 4 fire-proof clay pots (medium size)
Fry finely chopped onion for 2 min in a frying pan, cut meat(trim all fat)  in cubes, add salt (1 + 1/2 tsp) and pepper, mix it, and add to onions, add 2 tbsp of butter, fry on high for another 2 min, and 10 min on low. Meanwhile, peel and cube potatoes, put it in a microwave-safe dish, add 1 +1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 cup of water and microwave on high for 15 min.
Divide meat and onions into 4 equal parts and put it on the bottom of the pot. Divide potatoes into 4 equal parts and put it on top of the meat. Add 1/4 cup of water into each pot, top it with sour cream – 4 tbsp per each pot. Bake it in the oven for 30 min at 350 F. Sprinkle the top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake it for another 5 min. Cover the pots with lids and let sit for 10 min. Finally, it’s ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment