The Purpose of this Blog

I've been readings thousands of blogs and sites about Russian cuisine looking for accurate recipes, and the more I read, the more frustrated I became. Thus, I decided to create my own blog for Americans who want to cook Russian dishes and help them enjoy Russian cuisine by providing accurate recipes. I use US measuring cups and measuring spoons. Moreover, I cook every dish I suggest following my recipe instructions to ensure that the amount of each ingredient is accurate and instructions are not only accurate but easy to follow. It's catered to Americans who understand that if I say 1 tbsp, they're supposed to use a measuring tablespoon, not a regular silverware

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Kiev Chicken Kotlety po-kievski


Chicken Kiev or Kotlety po-kievski

Ingredients:
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1/2 lbs butter
1 egg
1 cup of flour
1 cup of bread crumbs

Instructions:

Put chicken breast smooth side down and flatten it to 1/4", add 1/4 stick of butter in the middle and roll breast tightly around it (Chicken and butter should be refrigerated before using). Roll each breast in flour, then dip in egg, then dip in bread crumbs. Once all breasts are ready, heat 1 stick of butter in a frying pan and fry turning chicken very carefully. Don't secure breasts with a toothpick, as it'll prevent you from frying it evenly for 15 min on medium. Serve it immediately and remember it can't be reheated, as you'll lose butter.

You may serve it as it is or you may put it on a toast. If you want to add side dish, boil any kind of rice, though in Russia it is served without any side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment